Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Save the Whales Postcards

At the end of last year, we were given a brief in class to firstly choose a social justice campaign and to then design a series of four postcards to help promote your campaign. The postcards needed to suit the tone of the campaign and at the same time be interesting enough to get someone to pick one up.

After much consideration I chose Greenpeace's Save the Whales campaign, going with their current promotion of; 'send a whale'. Send a Whale involves people logging on to send-a-whale.com to create a computer generated origami whale to send to the Japanese PM  in order to help stop Japanese whaling.

I liked the endless illustrative ways I could portray this cause, and in the end I came up with these four cutesy postcards. I loved the idea of the whale swimming around in a noodle bowl.





No comments:

Post a Comment